Search This Blog

Sunday, June 1, 2014

End of the Year; bring on the summer!

One could almost hear the collective sigh around the district on Tuesday morning.  Teachers and students alike woke without alarms, many without a single item on their agendas for the day, with nothing to do but putter and enjoy the first day of summer break.  I was always one of those strange ones who, although I was beyond thrilled to be out of school, felt like something was missing.  I needed routine and missed the crazy of the kids in the classroom.  It took me a couple of days to settle into my summer.   Although I don't have my own classroom anymore,  I still feel at loose ends at the close of the school year, but in a much different way.   When I was in one building and people retired or moved on, it was sad, we said goodbye and there was cake - I'm a firm believer that frosting makes everything a little easier to bear. In this role I am lucky enough to see the majority of 308 teachers in action.  I am awed and impressed by your dedication to your students and your craft.  It's really a pretty great gig! That also means that have to see more of you go, and that's the worst part.  So, I wanted to take this opportunity to say "So Long" and "Good Luck" to those of you who are retiring or moving on next year.  It feels strange not to have that closure (and the cake, of course).  I wish you well in your future endeavors.
     Speaking of future endeavors...our PBL class begins on SUNDAY!  So much for summer vacay, right?  You should have received an email with detailed instructions about logging in and getting ready for your first assignments.  If you have any questions, please email me.
     Please take some time to click through this website!  I've been working to make it more user friendly.  To that end, I've started using Symbaloo (an online bookmarking site) to embed links to sites for you.  The goal it to make things easier to to find.  Let me know your thoughts!  
     Tech classes start next Friday, June 9 with Hutchdocs Basic and Hutchdocs Advanced.  I hope you'll join me at the PLC.  
     Have a terrific, restful summer.  
                

No comments:

Post a Comment