Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2015

Formative Assessment Tools

Last summer I did a workshop on formative assessment tools.  Here is a link to that presentation. Recently, Richard Bryne posted a few new assessment tools that are definitely worth adding to your bag of tricks.

Tozzl.com
Tozzl.com is a digital easy-to-to-use platform that enables people to collaborate.   Like Padlet and Today's Meet, it allows students to share thoughts, ask questions and respond to prompts.  But wait, there's more!  With Tozzl teachers have the ability to add hashtags to the mix.  Say you're a Social Studies teacher studying the Civil War - add #civilwar to your Tozzl and a feed populates for your students to see.  Want students to view a video and respond?  Tozzl has a place to upload YouTube links, photos and more.  Watch this video for a tutorial.  

Plickers
Plickers is a classroom polling system which can display results in real time. The only materials you'll need to get started are paper, a printer, and a smartphone or tablet. Check out this video to see how Plickers can be used in your classroom.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool. I want to try it out with my classes. I am going to look for places to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool. I want to try it out with my classes. I am going to look for places to use it.

    ReplyDelete